Saturday, October 25, 2008

I'm a wanderer

I had the chance to go visit my sister and nieces for a few days in Dallas last week. The girls were in rare form! One story: sorry if this grosses you out, Leslie (3yr old) and I were hanging out she wanted to play Wii so I was hooking it up for her. Out of the blue she said, "I promised Daddy that I wouldn't eat my boogers," I replied, "Oh, that's probably a good idea," then she came back with, "but I just did." GROSS! Why do kids eat boogers?
It was a short visit but we packed a lot into it. I took Leslie to the park while KT got some much needed rest. It was pretty funny to see Leslie play by herself. Usually she has Lindsay to boss her around, this time she was bossing me around! The girls had a "Princess" birthday party to go to and were so happy to be able to wear their Halloween costumes early. Leslie was Snow White, she only wore it for about 20 minutes, apparently it was hindering her playing, and Lindsay was Ariel. We then went to a carnival at Lindsay's school. Katie was volunteering so I got to take the girls around to the different booths and help them win prizes. Each girl won a goldfish, and lots of candy. It was a blast!



I also had a chance to spend a few days with Bobby. We were in NYC for 2 days and Jacksonville, FL for 1. While in NYC I was able to do a bit more site seeing. We went to Ground Zero, I hadn't been yet and thought that I should see it. It was strange but if you didn't know what happened there you would think it was just a huge construction site. We then went to NYSE, which is a very somber place right now. We did a little site seeing uptown too. I got to see The Late Show studio, Parsons New School For Design, The Empire State Building, City Hall and lots of other interesting stuff. The next day I joined Bobby on one of his work trips. It was 80' in Jacksonville and I was loving it! We had a wonderful time. The next day I wasn't able to make it on Bobby's next flight so I just came home. In the 7 day trip I had gone on 9 different flights. Flying takes a lot out of you. I think I'll keep my feet on the ground for a few weeks!




3 comments:

Andrea Elliott said...

Your nieces are sooo cute! Every time you post new pictures of them, I can't believe how much they have grown!

Also, it must have been fun to visit New York again! Visiting Ground Zero is definitely an experience! Do they still have letters and flowers around the site from family and friends?

On a side note, I would LOVE to see Parson's design studio! Were there a bunch of artsy-farsty people going in and out of the building?!

The Darlings said...

I didn't see any flowers or letters. It just looked like another construction site.
At Parson's I forgot to look for the artsy-fartsy people. It was a really busy street and I didn't have much time to snap a picture.

Missi Waldron said...

Heidi!! It's so great peek in on you and read about your life. You have some adorable nieces and I wish I had the answer as to why kids like to eat boogers. Hopefully it's something we all grow out of :)! Keep in touch.