Thursday, November 26, 2009

All roads lead to Rome - Day 1

This past August Bobby went to Italy to work on his most recent album. For those of you that don't know, Bobby has embarked on a solo career and is calling this project Places & Numbers. He has a record deal with Equal Vision Records and they agreed to purchase all of his recording equipment and pay for his trip to Italy where he spent 2 1/2 weeks recording his album. He took a few friends with him to help him out; Casey did the engineering, Jayme documented the trip with photography and his brother Billy documented the trip with video. I was able to join them for the final few days of the trip, and here are a few pictures from my visit to Rome.

When I got there we hadn't be able to confirm an exact meeting time and place so I, being the planner, was a bit stressed when I got off the short train ride from the airport and Bobby and the guys weren't waiting for me. Remember, our American cell phones don't work in Europe. I walked around Rome's Termini train station for an hour looking for them, finally deciding to find an internet cafe' where I found a message from Bobby on Twitter saying where and when to meet the only problem was that I was already an hour late. So stressed out me had to run back to Termini in the hopes that the guys would still be there. I was praying the entire way and almost came to tears when I didn't imediately see the guys. I kept thinking, "what am I going to do in a foriegn country all by myself?" I saw Billy first and I relaxed instantly, everything was going to be ok.

Our first objective was to find a hotel so we set out to the Spanish Steps knowing that area is one of the nicest in Rome. Seeing the Spanish Steps for the first time was surreal. Just amazing!



Bobby and I from the top of the Spanish Steps
Billy takes a load off

Just down the street from the Spanish Steps are the amazing Italian shops! I just had to take pics!






We found a hotel to stay at half way between the Trevi Fountain and the Spanish Steps. We all took nice long naps and showers and set out to find a nice Italian dinner. Walking around the corner and finding the Trevi Fountain was just astonishing. It was lit up for the night in just the most beautiful way!





Me enjoying my first genuine gelato

Dinner and a show!

After dinner we were exhausted and knowing that we had a long day ahead of us we decided to call it an early night.

1 comment:

mindy said...

What awesome pictures!! I just got all caught up on your trip, and holy cow, what an awesome experience to see all that in person! I'm also quite impressed that you remember all the names of everything...